Re: [Gimp-developer] Change Request: Redesign the "Color Balance" UI

On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 22:57 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Timo Witte wrote:
> > I used "Color Balance" a lot recently. And i want to propose a redesign
> > of the UI to make it more intuitive.
[...]

> http://i.imgur.com/PhaXziO.png would probably be a slightly more
> traditional rendering :)
>
> > What do you think about the idea?
>
> I guess some people would like to retain numeric input, but that's
> just my gut feeling. For me 3-way would be preferable.

I would definitely want to keep the numbers. For one thing you're not
going to be able to drag those dots-in-circles in real time, since it
can take several minutes to redraw the screen for each change - unless
the filter was modified to work on the preview image first, at least.

And yes, I have a reasonably recent, powerful computer, but I work with
print-resolution images - 45 to 500 Megapixel digital cameras are not
unheard of either.

In the meantime, just having a colour bar on each slider, or above it,
in the existing dialogue, would greatly help colour balance and also
colourize.

Liam