Re: [Gimp-developer] tiff-error

În data de Sun, 21 Apr 2013 08:10:31 -0400, Partha Bagchi a scris:

Note that gimp-2.9 crashes I am talking about usually happens when
you try to open a 16-bit TIFF.

Hmm ...
I loaded at random a 16 bit tiff image.

Case A - your 2.8.4 portable version, drop the tiff file over the design
area:
- a GIMP Message box tells me that my file is unsupported file format
- if I just click OK, the popup box close and nothing else happens
- if I try to move that box with the mouse, then a Windows error box
(title bar: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library) tells me that "This
application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way, blah, blah."; another Windows error box tells me that
ufraw-gimp.exe no longer works
- after closing the last Windows error box, a single GIMP Message error
box tells me that (1) the plugin ufraw-gimp.exe has crashed / GIMP
restart is recommended and (2) opening of my image has failed
- GIMP remains open, with blank drawing space

If I drop the tiff file over the toolbox area, the single difference is
that the last (1) and (2) GIMP error messages are shown each in
separate error boxes.

Case B - the official 2.8.4 installed version, either drop method:
- a GIMP Message tells me this sting "Warning:\n
The image you are loading has 16 bits per channel. GIMP can only handle
8 bit, so it will be converted for you. Information will be lost"
- GIMP remains open, with the desired image on it, reduced to 8 bit;
I can continue to work on it, if so desired

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secarica.ro