Re: [Gimp-developer] tiff-error

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for the feedback. Now we are getting somewhere. :)

I use libtiff 4.0.2. I wonder which version Ender is using. I will see whether upgrading to 4.0.3 (the latest stable release) makes any difference.

Note that gimp-2.9 crashes I am talking about usually happens when you try to open a 16-bit TIFF. Unfortunately, the crashes are random in the sense that same file in a new Gimp session will open fine while in another session with multiple files (> 1) open, it will sometimes crash without leaving a trace. So not much information to provide.

I am guessing this is a memory management issue which is different on Windows than on Linux/Mac.

Partha

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 3:53 AM, Cristian Secară <liste secarica ro> wrote:
În data de Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:40:05 +0300, Cristian Secară a scris:

> If I use your portable Windows version (gimp-2.8.4, probably a
> February build), load any image (even a 1x1 pixel.gif) and then load
> this image http://www.secarica.ro/temp/grading_test_v03.tif
> a dialog tells me "Unknown field with tag 37724 (0x935c) encountered".

Some more info: it has something to do with the particular area where I
drop the file.

I mean: with GIMP (your version) either fresh opened or all previous
images closed, if I drag and drop my test image over the design area,
the image opens just fine.

If I drag and drop my test image over the toolbox, even the first
time, the mentioned error shows up.

Because in case of an already opened image, for the second (third, etc.)
I always drag and drop over the toolbox area (instead of the design
area), this was the reason for "erorr occurs only with another image
already there".

I never use the open dialog, so I cannot tell what happens then.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secarica.ro