Re: [Gimp-developer] tiff-error

On Sat, 2013-04-20 at 11:52 -0400, Partha Bagchi wrote:
I don't believe this has anything to do with a specific tiff file. So
attaching a tiff does not make sense to me.

Since the problem doesn't happen for the GIMP developers, and you won't
divulge enough information for people to determine what's going on, and
you won't supply a sample image that shows the problem, how do you
expect anyone to work on it? :-)

Note that TIFF isn't really a precise format - just about every
application makes slightly different TIFF files, with different options
("tags"). Different combinations of options need to be supported in
code.

Can you try converting your TIFF files to 16-bit PNG files using some
external program, and see if you still have the problem?

How large are the images? Are they over 4 gigabytes as reported by GIMP
in the title or status bar?