Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-user] [Request] Do not confirm closing if unsaved image was exported/overwrited ?

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Richard Gitschlag wrote:
> No.  GIGO applies here - GIMP assumes that the state of the image when you
> hit Save is exactly what you want to be saved to disk, so that's precisely
> what it does.  In cases where it's not (such as with resizing the whole
> image) GIMP has no way to tell know better.
>
> However, a resize-during-export could make an interesting feature
> request....

In my experience, exporting with existing samplers needs to be a
user-controlled action. It really depends on the kind of image you are
resizing.

For screenshots, automatic resizing simply produces horribly looking
pictures. One of the reasons I run GIMP 2.9 for Git master is because
I can access LoHalo sampler which works far better for resizing down
than anything else in GIMP 2.8. And even then I need to add a bit of
unsharp masking, depending on particular case.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org