Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 1.8.2 for Mac (official?) Build

Hi Sven,

Am 02.09.2012 um 15:52 schrieb scl <scl gplus gmail com>:

> Hi Simone,
>
> first of all thank you for your build. Unfortunately I don't have 10.8 (yet) to run your native version ;-( BTW: can you report that/whether 10.8 runs stable?

IMO 10.8 runs better than Lion, somehow more smooth. It's worth to update.

>> I've hacked on the sources and found a workaround for the bug which let plugin dialogs pop up behind the main windows. (well, it's more like a dirty hack, but it works quite well) I've attached the patch.
>
> thank you!
> Can somebody integrate this into the native build for OS X older than 10.8 and the Windows build, please? I'm willing to test and report back. We could perhaps close the bugs #678359, #676709, #677765 and #360106 then.

aarrgghh, I've sent a temporarily disabled version of the patch. Sorry. (I should really take some time to relax after hacking the last few days ...) I've attached the working one.

The patch is OS X specific and won't run on Windows, although the basic approach should work there too.

#678359 and #676709 are adressed by this patch, although there's still some focus issue with scripts. I'll try to fix this too.
(... I don't know GIMP's sources in detail. Could you point me to the files / functions where script dialogs get created and run, please? )

Simone

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.