Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 1.8.2 for Mac (official?) Build

Am 31.08.2012 um 22:46 schrieb Michael Natterer:

> No you are not, this was never anyone's intention.
>
> I have put the links to your installers back now, removing them
> was neither friendly nor smart, sorry for that.
>
> About the general issue: Clayton came to IRC and offered to
> work on a native build. Having such a build was a goal for
> a long time, and we will never fix the remaining issued without
> finally going forward by releasing one.
>
> This was not in any way meant as a hostile move against you,
> we always appreciated your work, and still do.
>
> The issue is probably that most stuff takes place on IRC,
> so this "just happened". Developer time on GIMP is very
> limited, and the issue of a native build was just not
> pressing enough to publically ask for help on gimp-developer,
> and the help on IRC came without any effort.
>
> Again, we would really like you to stay with the GIMP
> community, and perhaps even come to IRC so we can work
> on proper OSX packages together.
>
> It would really suck to lose a valuable hacker over
> such an unintentional incident.
>
> Regards,
> --Mitch

Now that a few days are over since I first posted here and after I've read your answers - Alexandre, Clayton and Mitch - I can now see that it wasn't your intention and that it happened just accidentally while everybody was waiting for a native version to finally arrive.

So I want to apologize for somehow overreacting in my posting under the, now that I can see, wrong impression of being dropped. Sorry.

And thank you, that you've put the link to my site back online.

If you don't mind and to show you that I still want to contribute to the GIMP community I've hacked on the sources and found a workaround for the bug which let plugin dialogs pop up behind the main windows. (well, it's more like a dirty hack, but it works quite well) I've attached the patch.

And I've compiled a native version for Mountain Lion and put it online. All plugins I've included in the past are still there and the user manual installers work too. G'MIC is included as well. Builds for Lion and SnowLeopard with support for 32 bit architectures will follow soon. And I'll try to compile it for PPC Macs too.

So, if you don't mind, maybe you could mention on your download page, that the builds on GIMP on OS X are now native too.

Finally, if you still want, I'll be back.

Regards
Simone

BTW, I'll update my SVN repo in the next few days, so that you can take a look at all patches I've made to GIMP and other sources.