Re: [Gimp-developer] Patch and build for the save/export issue

Am 23.11.2012 um 13:53 schrieb Tobias Oelgarte:

Could we not just change the behaviour of "save as" if the user sets an option (global option) that he wants to use the old style, unsafe solution at his own risk? So everyone can choose what he likes.

... I've made the patch a configurable option. Yu can switch it on or off in GIMP's Preferences -> Environment -> Saving Images. -> "Force to save only in XCF image format".

Here's the download link (Mac OS X only). http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/project/gimponosx/GIMP%20Mountain%20Lion/Gimp-2.8.2-savex3-MountainLion.dmg

The patch is attached Maybe someone can build a patched GIMP on the other platforms.