Re: [Gimp-developer] lcms high bit depth update: now that it works, adding and improving functionality

As mitch and I discussed on irc, as the plan stands right now, the
GIMP won't have any working color profile.

Going forward, AFAIK, the "image->mode->assign/convert color profile"
menu entries should be removed from the lcms plugin, and everything
automatically converted to srgb/R'G'B' on import.

I think the best design in the end would be for babl to eventually get
icc profile support itself. Then different loader plugins could simply
tag their data with a babl format created using the icc profile, and
all the conversions would happen without a plugin stepping in.

 -- drawoc

(Øyvind: Just to be sure - it's sane to store srgb data with the babl
format R'G'B', right?)