Re: [Gimp-developer] Problems with brushes

> Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 20:12:09 +0200
> From: martinxyz gmx ch
> To: strata_ranger hotmail com
> CC: gimp-developer-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Problems with brushes
>
> hi Richard
>
> The opacity problem (stroke opacity vs dab opacity) can be fixed
> mathematically. Grep for OPAQUE_LINEARIZE in the mypaint source code.

The last time I reported it (bugzilla #588984) I was told "Not A Bug" but also "discuss on mailing list".  I did not have access to said mailing list that time ago - but I do now.  So yes, let's.

If I set my tool to 50% opacity I want the visible end result of a single (non-overlapping) stroke to be 50% opacity.  Whether or not I have incremental mode enabled should make absolutely no difference in this context; it should only make a difference when parts of a stroke overlap or intersect each other (such as shading one area back-and-forth).

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com