Re: [Gimp-developer] contribution processes...

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM, peter sikking <peter mmiworks net> wrote:
> I have given it a first stab:
>
> <http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Interaction_design_patch>
>
> I like to discuss it here on this mailing list and get it
> in a shape that is beyond reasonable doubt. after that the
> next steps can be taken.

A final step that is missing in your list is: “When the number of high
quality easy to integrate contributions becomes sufficiently high, the
new contirbutor should gain access to directly integrate
contribution.” With git and summer of code we very early ask for the
students to get git access; that is to be able to have their own
branch though; directly touching master without permission; though
possible; is not encouraged.

/Ø
                                                 -- William Gibson