Re: [Gimp-developer] people can sell gimp for $10 ??

On Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 0:32:11, Burnie West wrote:

> This section specifically is addressed to conveying modified code. I have been
> under the impression that
> if the program is unmodified, the only requirement (GPLv2 or GPLv3) is that the
> recipient knows the license,
> including knowing where/how to get the source.

GPLv2 specifically requires that the source code of the binary is
available from the same place as the binary was obtained, regardless
of whether the binary was modified or not. GPLv3 relaxes this relaxes
this requirement a bit by allowing you to point the user at some other
site, as long as the source code there matches the exact binary you're
offering.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

It is better to have a horrible ending than to have horrors without end.
       -- Matsch's Law