Re: [Gimp-developer] contribution processes...

Øyvind wrote:

> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM, peter sikking <peter mmiworks net> wrote:
>> I like to discuss it here on this mailing list and get it
>> in a shape that is beyond reasonable doubt. after that the
>> next steps can be taken.
>
> A final step that is missing in your list is: “When the number of high
> quality easy to integrate contributions becomes sufficiently high, the
> new contirbutor should gain access to directly integrate
> contribution.”

done:

<http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Interaction_design_patch>

> With git and summer of code we very early ask for the
> students to get git access; that is to be able to have their own
> branch though; directly touching master without permission; though
> possible; is not encouraged.

on that level (like Marinus who is working with us now) we are
quick to give full write access to our repository (gui.gimp.org).
from day one of the project.

    --ps

            man + machine interface works

        http://blog.mmiworks.net: on interaction architecture