Re: [Gimp-developer] Is Tito worth merging? What should be done with it?

On 05/01/2012 05:58 PM, gespertino gmail com wrote:
Oh, forgot to mention but it's important:
Ubuntu just released 12.04 with a new feature: HUD. It basically does
the same than TITO, but globally, with almost every application (GIMP
included).
There's a risk of TITO becoming obsolete if distributions follow the
same path and implement a global menu search tool.
I guess that's something to be considered too. If GIMP includes TITO
and next year all the major linux distributions have something like
Ubuntu's HUD, then we'll have something redundant that uses resources
and increase the size of the application with no benefit at all.

According to Sourceforge, 71-73% of the people that get my Gimp python plugins are using Windows (I get these very similar figures on three differents SF projects). The best Linux ratio is 25%. And since it's python, the figure is biased towards Linux. These users can't depend on HUD.