Re: [Gimp-developer] How much money to make a dent in GIMP 2.8?

I'm an embedded systems programmer and user interface designer with 15
years professional experience.  I was previously doing VxWorks
programming and am now starting up an iOS app company (all my iOS
design work is done in GIMP).  I live in New York, and I also have
some experience in advertising and public relations.

I've been pondering this idea for a while of trying to figure out a
way to inject some money into GIMP.  I just emailed because I wanted
to get an idea of what kind of money would be required and whether the
developers would be open to such an idea -- I don't have that kind of
money now, but I'm pretty confident that I could raise it if I put my
mind to it.  I would probably apply for a grant that would pay for me
to work on the project for a year, managing and contributing where I
can, and raising the money to hire one or two GIMP programmers to work
on the project full time.

What I would want to get out of it is a solid release of 2.8 for
Windows, Mac, and Linux.  Personally, what I really need is CMYK and
layer folders.  I don't really have any agenda other than that, and
the voice that a part-time manager would typically have in a project
like this.  I think 2.8 already addresses all my major feature needs
and user interface complaints, so I just want to get it out.

It would probably be 2013 before I could realistically make anything
happen with this, but this is good information that you guys are
providing, and I'll be thinking about it.  I'm glad that you think the
programmers would be open to getting paid. :)  Where are most of the
programmers for GIMP located?  Is there some place I could find out