Re: [Gimp-developer] How much money to make a dent in GIMP 2.8?

Hi

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 08:41:08AM +0200, Alexia Death wrote:
> > So what kind of money do you think would it take to catch up?  Or to
> > at least make a significant step towards catching up?
> Whatever it takes to get one or two of our lead developers to work on
> GIMP full time. Just hiring 2 blokes off the street will not do.
> Michael Natterer has done some paid for work for GTK through his
> company I believe,  but as far as I know he is not interested in
> turning a hobby into a job... Because jobs come with a boss who can
> boss you around and that is no fun.  Same may be true for others.
>
> Having a paid developer on the team has been discussed before. there
> is no actual opposition to the idea, but nobody has stepped up to
> handle the paperwork and manager duties:P

The paperwork and manager duties are straightforward.

I'd like to first see a serious proposal first on what an investor
wants out of it, and what money they're willing to put in.  Talking
briefly about investing is one thing, but making schedules and
projections for them takes time.  If there is a serious interest, we
can talk about it. Tell us about your background.

Some developers will indeed be interested in working on GIMP and GEGL
full-time, and IMO, it'll be good for GIMP and GEGL's development
generally.  Other free software projects are prospering due to
commercial development.

		Mukund