Re: [Gimp-developer] Bring back normal handling of other file formats

On 21/06/12 12:02, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Karl Günter Wünsch wrote:
>
>> BTW: I asked a few of my friends (who are less into image editing but
>> well capable of using a computer and who at most only knew the GIMP by
>> name) what export was supposed to mean and they all responded that it
>> was the use of external resources to store the image (FB, Flickr,
>> Dropbox)...
>
> And that proves exactly what? :)
IMHO it only shows that the split of the function is artificial in
nature and that the chosen command name for one of the most used
function (no matter what you do, you can't upload an xcf for
presentation on the web nor can you send in an xcf to a printer nor can
you do anything worthwhile with an xcf outside the very limited world of
the GIMP - so saving under a different format is a must for any user and
export isn't the first command name that comes to mind of anyone if
searching for this option) is ambiguous at best and progressively
misleading in todays environment...
--
regards
Karl Günter Wünsch