Re: [Gimp-developer] Bring back normal handling of other file formats

Am 20.06.2012 23:13, schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Robert Krawitz wrote:

If they don't, their bad fortune.  Making a common operation less
convenient for everyone because some user may not realize what's going
on -- and no way to turn off the inconvenience -- is unnecessarily
paternalistic, IMHO.
Well, if you don't read warnings in this very list about
http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Vision_briefing, it's your bad fortune
:)

It's been mentioned a thousand times that it's not just about making
mistakes while saving, that there's also such a thing as creating
complex images from scratch being the focus.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org