Re: [Gimp-developer] Fwd: self-compiled git gimp 2.9 complains about old babl version

Whatever distro you work on, the package manager won't notice your
installation if you made it by 'make install' in the project's source
code. The package manager will see only applications installed as
packages (eg deb on debian/ubuntu/mint or rpm on fefora/centos etc).
Now if you still see old babl in the package manager it probably means
that you didn't remove it before building your version. If you
installed your built in the same directory as the one installed from
the package your pkg manager still will not notice any version change.
If you chose different directory for your custom installation then you
will end up with two versions of babl and then i'm not sure where
gimp/gegl will look for babl first. They may pick not the version you
want (it also depends of your configuration of babl, gegl and gimp
before building them).