It seems like having made a compiling from git and an "sudo make install" installed the new versions of babl and gegl, but the package manager doesn't noticed that and still thinks i have the previous version installed. Does that make sense ? Any idea of how to fix that ?

Cheers
Guiu Rocafort

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:39 PM, trapDoor <trapdoor6 gmail com> wrote:
forgot to cc the gimp-developer ml..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: trapDoor <trapdoor6 gmail com>
Date: Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] self-compiled git gimp 2.9 complains
about old babl version
To: Guiu Rocafort <neandertalspeople gmail com>

Hi,
did you compile manually babl (and gegl) before compiling gimp? That's
the best way to build the whole 'gimp environment' cause you get not
only fresh gimp but also its crucial dependencies. This matters
especially when you work on the gimp master branch, where many new
features will depend on recent commits in babl and gegl. Just remove
any instllations of babl and gegl and then build babl, gegl and gimp
respectively.

Regards
Tomasz