Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp 2.8 prohibitively slow

Aaron,

The problem anyway is with the right GIMP version - not strict related
to the computer power
I have 2 computers
first - 32bit architecture, Intel  Quad core with 4 Gb RAM + 1Gb RAM
ATI RADEON HD
second - 64bit architecture with 8 processing cores with 8 Gb RAM +
1Gb RAM Nvidia video card

on both of them GIMP 2.6 can load big images without problems
on the first computer GIMP 2.8 can't load a file bigger than 750MB
but I've made that big file with GIMP 2.6 (in pixels was 53.000 x
33.000) with an Intel Dual core.

So if you really want to use GIMP for big images use GIMP 2.6 and your
problems are gone.