Re: [Gimp-developer] something's starting, it is the text tool

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM, peter sikking wrote:

>> I must have died and come to hell. In graphic design it's equally
>> important to images.
>
> now we are getting somewhere. please elaborate a bit.

E.g. if you do a poster, text is an essential part of the whole work,
because it transmits information you are going to use (what, where,
how), whereas graphics of the poster transmits an emotional message.
In general, I feel uncomfortable about the supporting/leading role
separation. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because there's no
rule.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org