Re: [Gimp-developer] something's starting, it is the text tool

hey guys,

another attempt at having a discussion about text in GIMP work.

although it was useful to read about features, niggles and
going to other apps to work with text (the latter being a huge
smoking gun for GIMP), it was not what I was looking for.

I was looking for what text means in the context of serious
image manipulation.

let's see if I can stimulate this a bit. within the UI team we
are discussing about the following:

‘text never is the main purpose in GIMP work (like it is in scribus
or libreOffice writer), it only plays a supporting role within
a graphical work’

please share you thoughts,

    --ps

            man + machine interface works