Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.8 Feature Request (2)

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Miles Bader <miles gnu org> wrote:
> 'cause the above doesn't seem to include much of its current user-base
> -- the Gimp is the default image editor for many, many, systems, and I
> wouldn't be surprised if 95% of Gimp users don't even know what XCF is,
> much less actually use it...

And this is the actual problem we are trying to cure. Take a simple
task, add text to image. I cant believe how many people show up asking
us how they can change text on a jpg image they made with gimp. They
have no idea they could have actually saved the composition as an XCF.
Save/Export separation WILL cure this ignorance and save a lot of work
for many people.

--
--Alexia