Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.8 Feature Request (2)

În data de Tue, 3 Jan 2012 22:19:07 -0600, Josiah Jack a scris:

> 1.)  Please recombine the Save As, and Export dialogues.  I keep
> going to Save As and it keeps telling me that it can only save as
> xcf, not jpg, tga, etc.  This is incredibly annoying, especially
> since I only rarely use xcf file format!

At first I was a bit "angry" about the separate export option, but
after I get used to it, it proved to solve another old confusion (and
so now I like the new behavior).

The old problem was this:
- open or create a losless image type
- save as (say) .jpg
- after the image was saved in the new format, the title of the image
in GIMP becomes something.jpg

My problem with previous style: I always asked myself if the remaining
image in GIMP is now the compressed .jpg (thus with some loss already),
or the old original with just the name changed. In other words it was
never clear (for me :), after using the above scenario, if I will
further save as .xcf (or .png, or .tiff, or whatever lossless), the
image is saved as it originally was, or will be a result of a new
loss-to-lossless transformed image.

Now things are much more clear: the working image is always in native
GIMP format and export is the rest of the world.

There is only one thing I do not understand, that the shortcut Ctrl+E
appears to do the same as Shift+Ctrl+E, and the shortcut in File menu
is Shift +Ctrl +E. Why not just Ctrl+E ? (or what makes Ctrl+E ?)

> Also, if these are kept as separate save dialogues then it will
> probably be considered as below industry standards considering how
> almost all applications save and export(just another word for save)
> from a single save as dialogue.

I think I can find a few programs I am using (on Windows) that follow
the same logic as the new export in GIMP.

> 2.)  Clicking the close button to close the application doesn't close
> the application, it closes the currently open image (in Single Window
> Mode).

Look at the end of File menu. Ctrl+Q closes the application and all
opened images at once.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară