Re: [Gimp-developer] Why the endless background conversions between linear and regular sRGB TRC?

Am Freitag, 31. August 2012, 22:16:50 schrub Guillermo Espertino (Gez):

[...]

> BTW, all this legacy stuff seems to go against the product vision.
> Making a tool for a specific audience means some compromises, and this
> is certainly a compromise that "high-end image manipulation" audience
> wouldn't mind.

Especially these people will be upset if their older work can't be opened and
edited any longer. It's not the kiddies doing animated sigantures for web
forums that the developers care about, it's the serious users which are the
target in the product vision. And having several versions of GIMP installed in
parallel is no option for them. I guess you are beating a dead horse here.

>   Gez

Tobias