Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 1.8.2 for Mac (official?) Build

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 22:57 +0200, Simone Karin Lehmann wrote:
> Am 28.08.2012 um 10:08 schrieb Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org>:
>
> > On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 22:02 -0600, Clayton Walker wrote:
> >>

> >> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/942685/gimp-2.8.2-dmg-1.dmg
> >>
> >> If someone could just mirror that on the gimp ftp website, or upload it to
> >> sourceforge or something, that would be great. Thanks!
> >
> > Great! :)
> >
> > I have uploaded it to ftp.gimp.org and updated the download page
> > on www.gimp.org.
> >
> > Thanks Clayton for the effort to make this happen!
> >
> > Regards,
> > --mitch
> >

> aha, so I'm kicked out.

No you are not, this was never anyone's intention.

I have put the links to your installers back now, removing them
was neither friendly nor smart, sorry for that.

About the general issue: Clayton came to IRC and offered to
work on a native build. Having such a build was a goal for
a long time, and we will never fix the remaining issued without
finally going forward by releasing one.

This was not in any way meant as a hostile move against you,
we always appreciated your work, and still do.

The issue is probably that most stuff takes place on IRC,
so this "just happened". Developer time on GIMP is very
limited, and the issue of a native build was just not
pressing enough to publically ask for help on gimp-developer,
and the help on IRC came without any effort.

Again, we would really like you to stay with the GIMP
community, and perhaps even come to IRC so we can work
on proper OSX packages together.

It would really suck to lose a valuable hacker over
such an unintentional incident.

Regards,
--Mitch