Re: [Gimp-developer] What about switching from Gtk+ to Qt

On 08/06/12 05:30, Patrick Horgan wrote:
On 08/04/2012 02:43 AM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
Hi Patrick,

...elision by patrick...
Well, calling GNU Autotools "Autohell" is not an ad-hominem attack. However,
assuming that since I called it "Autohell" it is wrong (or "flamebait"), is.
See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Lol!  Look in that article under abusive.  It is exactly ad-hominem.  By
doing a personal attack, calling it autohell, instead of having anything
to say about why it's good or not, you exactly fulfill the definition of
an ad-hominem attack.

Patrick

Patrick, you refer to a pseudo encyclopaedia but fail to read the very first line:

>> An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man") short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it.

Autotool, or whatever is a program, software. It is not a man and can not be the target of a _personal_ attack.

If someone finds a program "hellish" to use and calls it autohell, that is humouristic. It may lack a specific point but it can not be ad hom.

Enough.