Re: [Gimp-developer] that typing business...

I tend to use Gimp with easystroke gestures when drawing. I did a
tutorial on it a while back, which can be found here.
http://www.gimptalk.com/index.php?/topic/36788-tutorial-using-gimp-with-gestures-look-ma-no-keyboard/
 It's a bit out of date, but easystroke still works like a charm. I've
switched out xvkbd with CellWriter, which has both hand writing
recognition and a virtual keyboard.

Gestures are about as fast as keyboard shortcuts, and I find I rarely
use more than 10 or so. It's great when working with something like a
TabletPC (where the keyboard is folded under the screen) or a CintiQ.

Having used Blender a bit, I do see the use of this kind of menu
navigation. Often when I'm looking for a tool I have no idea where is,
I'll just type part of the name and find it....sometimes even
discovering new features in the process.

  Ragnar

p.s. I'm a long time emacs user, that never looks at the keyboard. :)