Re: [Gimp-developer] features

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM, M. Al-Bedah <m albedah gmail com> wrote:

> your products for free. What would it take, & more importantly how much
> would it cost, to roll out features like:
> 1) Content Award scale - fill

Bothe content-ware scaling and filling have beem available for GIMP
for ages, even before Photoshop got them. Those are two 3rd party
plug-ins: liquid rescale and resynthesizer.

> 2) Adjustment layers for non destructive workflow

Yes

> 3) LAB Mode

Yes

> 4) RAW images editor

UFRaw has been available for GIMP since  2003 or so. Personally I just
use darktable.

> 5) Calculation tool

Pleaase elaborate

> 6) Enhance filters to have more (like photoshop) & especially (fill 50%) and
> (Highpass)

Highpass is available as a 3rd party plug-in.

> 7) convert to smart layer / filter for non destructive workflow

You really want to stop using Photoshop terminology and switch to
plain English :) Are we talking about smart objects i.e. embedding
other documents as layers?

> 8) file browser (like bridge) to classify, tag, organize, photos.

Do not want :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org