Re: [Gimp-developer] features

On 11/19/2011 05:15 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM, M. Al-Bedah<m albedah gmail com>  wrote:
7) convert to smart layer / filter for non destructive workflow

You really want to stop using Photoshop terminology and switch to
plain English :) Are we talking about smart objects i.e. embedding
other documents as layers?

He might also be referring to "Layer Styles" which are non-destructive filters which can be applied to layers (drop shadow, bevel/emboss, outer glow, color fill, gradient fill, etc.). I believe that's a planned future feature that will built on top of GEGL as well.

8) file browser (like bridge) to classify, tag, organize, photos.

Do not want :)

I agree with Mr. Prokoudine, Alexia Death and Gespertino. This functionality most likely isn't going to be incorporated into Gimp. In fact, it's an odd request since Adobe didn't incorporate it into Photoshop either, it built two additional programs.

I can't quite grasp why Bridge and LightTable are two separate applications, but as a professional designer I've never used or seen any of my peers use them. However, it seems like applications like DarkTable and Shotwell are already very good open source equivalents for the Adobe products.

Jason Simanek