Re: [Gimp-developer] Getting the recognition that GIMP deserves

On 11-11-10 21:47 , Rob Antonishen wrote:
On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Aleksandar Kovac  wrote:

The same could be said for any complex piece of software.  I would disagree that there are many "middle ground users" anymore - and they shouldn't be a a target audience.
I agree, they should not be the target audience.
The users in the middle I was referring to are not in the middle based on their expertise, but a 'natural phenomena' :). I don't know how to call them properly. All those somewhere in between mastery and newbism, but active, learning, going upwards towards the mastery of the particular piece of software. Those people can be a valuable resource.

Those girls and guys were missing in GIMP and it struck me. Maybe it is a different case by now.
My guess was that the early users became masters a long time ago, and for some reason the unwashed masses did not catch on for a long time, or that there was a period when very few people adopted GIMP. Its just my guesswork, sorry.

... Or maybe they are merely a silent generation. :)