Re: [Gimp-developer] Fwd: How to build GIMP 2.7.5 using MinGW in Windows 32-bits

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Mukund Sivaraman <muks banu com> wrote:
> Hi Partha
>
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 05:58:44PM -0500, Partha Bagchi wrote:
>> Please check out my website (www.partha.com) where I provide Windows
>> binaries of git pulls. Obviously, it is not possible to provide builds
>> everyday. You are welcome to upload them to Graphicall where my
>> previous builds were uploaded by another user.
>
> Please put your efforts into working with ender in making Windows
> binaries instead of maintaining a separate set.  Having 2 different
> Windows builds doesn't help and becomes a nuisance when someone reports
> a bug against Windows, which has turned out in several cases to be due
> to the versions of dependencies used.
>
> You could work with ender in making official Windows builds which we
> can distribute directly linked from gimp.org itself.  I think victorm
> would also prefer that for his project with AMD.
>
> Ender has made 2.7.4 builds available now.
>
> Btw, it _is_ possible to make builds every day. :) You'd have to setup
> Jenkins to make a Windows build for whatever is done by hand now.
>
>                Mukund

Hi Mukund,

I would be happy to work with ender if I knew who he/she is. :) I
started building Gimp for myself and folks picked up on it and
uploaded to various places. Plus, I have had a lot of positive
feedback from lot of folks, especially on gimpchat.com and Flickr.

I know it's possible, but I have not had time to set up such an
automated system. I am still in the learning process.

Thanks,
Partha