Re: [Gexiv2] Hello?

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Robert Park <rbpark exolucere ca> wrote:
Although I still haven't written any transfer annotations so most
likely this is leaking memory like crazy at the moment. I'll keep
playing!

Ok, I've written some transfer annotations but to be honest I really
am not familiar enough with the code to say if they're correct. I've
essentially just guessed. I need somebody more familiar with gexiv2 to
review this and give some feedback.

All I can say at this point is that it's currently possible, in
Python, to load a file, access some tags, write some tags, then save
it. This brings us into "good enough for me!" territory however I
understand that this is going to need some fleshing out to have more
general API coverage.

One issue that I do know of is that I hard-coded "lib64" in the
Makefile because when I tried using $(LIB) it was installing the
typelibs to the wrong place. This means that this patch is pretty
broken for 32-bit systems, and I'm not sure how to fix that. The
generated typelib should still *work* on a 32bit system, it's just a
matter of writing the Makefile to install it to the right place. I
guess this would involve querying pkg-config for the right directory
but I don't really know how.

Thanks!

(I've also CC'd the pyexiv2 maintainer Olivier Tilloy since he
expressed some interest in this project)

--
http://exolucere.ca