Re: [Gexiv2] Hello?

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Jim Nelson <jim yorba org> wrote:
I don't have a lot of experience with GObject introspection, so please don't
take my thoughts on it here as gold.  But, I will point out that gexiv2
isn't technically a C++ library in the sense that it offers a strictly C
interface.  All the C++ code is in the implementation and hidden from the
caller.  I think this will make it much easier to bind gexiv2 to Python.

Oh, that's good.

As far as g-ir-scanner only working on C-based code, I would take that
exactly as it sounds: it only works on C code, not C++.  I also suspect
libchamplain's annotations in the C code is merely for the coder's benefit
(or consistency) and not for the use of g-ir-scanner.

Yes, I've been reading more into this and it looks as though gtk-doc
and introspection use identical annotations for consistency, and I was
getting them confused. I'll continue to play with this.

P.S. I see Yorba's hiring. I am currently looking for a new career. Hmmmmmmm ;-)

--
http://exolucere.ca