Re: [gedit-list] How to activate external plugins on Gedit 2.30.1 on Windows?

Hi Jeffery,

Thank you for your response. I get the same error for every external plugin I have installed from this page. I am following the instructions for plugin installation given here. Basically this page says that the .gedit-plugin file and the plugin folder should be moved to "installation directory\lib\gedit-2\plugins" directory. In my case this path is G:\gedit\lib\gedit-2\plugins

For instance, I download the advanced-find plugin from this link, and unzip it. I then move the "advanced find" folder and "advancedfind.gedit-plugin" file to G:\gedit\lib\gedit-2\plugins. When I launch gedit from cmd.exe and go to "preferences" option to activate plugin, the plugin gets grayed out. The cmd.exe show the following message:

G:\gedit\bin>G:\gedit\lib\gedit-2\plugins\commander\entry.py:607: GtkWarning: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",
  """)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "G:\gedit\lib\gedit-2\plugins\advancedfind\__init__.py", line 28, in <module>
    from advancedfind import AdvancedFindWindowHelper
  File "G:\gedit\lib\gedit-2\plugins\advancedfind\advancedfind.py", line 27, in <module>
    import gtk.glade

** (gedit.exe:2028): WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'Advanced Find/Replace'

I tried to install another plugin regex-search from this page. As before, I move the "regexsearch" folder and "regexsearch.gedit-plugin" file to the G:\gedit\lib\gedit-2\plugins directory. When I try to activate the plugin, it gets grayed out and cmd.exe shows the following message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "G:\gedit\lib\gedit-2\plugins\regexsearch\__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    from regexsearchinstance import RegexSearchInstance
  File "G:\gedit\lib\gedit-2\plugins\regexsearch\regexsearchinstance.py", line 4, in <module>
    import gtk.glade

** (gedit.exe:2028): WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'Regex Search'

I get similar errors when installing every plugin from this page. What am I doing wrong?

Gedit version: gedit 2.30.1 (32 bit)
OS: Windows 10

Thanks,
Akshay