[gedit-list] How to activate external plugins on Gedit 2.30.1 on Windows?

Hello,

I have installed Gedit 2.30.1 on Windows 10. I have failed to install any plugin even after pasting the plugin files in the "installation folder/lib/gedit-2/plugins" directory.

After moving the plugin files to the plugins directory, I can see the new plugin in the "preferences" option, but the plugin gets "grayed out" when I click them.

How can I activate external plugins on Windows 10?

Thanks,
Akshay