Re: [gedit-list] gtide - gedit to IDEs (and beyond)

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 06:57:17AM +0200, Matěj Cepl wrote:
On 2016-03-30, 20:43 GMT, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
gnotepad would just be the tip of the iceberg. The interesting
part is the framework. Ideally gnotepad would be, say, < 1000
lines of code. But it would contain all gedit core
functionality.

I think Yet Another Rewrite and creating Yet Another New Text
Editor (compering with Atom, SublimeText, VS Code, and many many
others) is DOA, but what do I know?

I have a very different vision for text editors. Instead of developing
one text editor to rule them all, with a plugin system, I prefer
developing small, specialized text editors. For more background on this,
see the "Why?" section on:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit/ReusableCode

--
Sébastien