Re: [gedit-list] gtide - gedit to IDEs (and beyond)

On 2016-03-29, 19:12 GMT, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
To be honest I'm tempted to fork gedit, remove the plugin
system, to have more degrees of freedom to create the
framework. The fork of gedit would be called for example
gnotepad, since it would be a streamlined version of gedit.
And for gnotepad I could create the UI that I want (since
I disagree on several points about the current gedit UI).

Well, the problem is that gedit without plugins is mostly
useless. Really, does anybody care about functional equivalent
of Notepad?

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl ceplovi cz

To bear a grudge and pray, means to sow seed on the sea and expect
a harvest.
  -- Saint Isaac of Ninevah