Re: [gedit-list] gtide - gedit to IDEs (and beyond)

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 12:28:05AM +0200, Matěj Cepl wrote:
On 2016-03-29, 19:12 GMT, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
To be honest I'm tempted to fork gedit, remove the plugin
system, to have more degrees of freedom to create the
framework. The fork of gedit would be called for example
gnotepad, since it would be a streamlined version of gedit.
And for gnotepad I could create the UI that I want (since
I disagree on several points about the current gedit UI).

Well, the problem is that gedit without plugins is mostly
useless. Really, does anybody care about functional equivalent
of Notepad?

gnotepad would just be the tip of the iceberg. The interesting part is
the framework. Ideally gnotepad would be, say, < 1000 lines of code. But
it would contain all gedit core functionality.

--
Sébastien