[gedit-list] File loading hooks: anyone working on it?

Dear all,
in the Gedit/Plugin wishlist

    https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit/PluginAPIWishList

I found the wish "Hooks for file loading."  Since I would need that
feature, I would like to know if someone is already working on it,
otherwise I could give it a try. (From
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit/RoadMap seems that none is currently
working on this, but better safe than sorry...)

Although I have a good experience in C, I never worked on the sources
of gedit, so if you have any suggestions/pointers/whatever about
working on gedit and/or implementing this feature, it would be
appreciated.

Regards,

Riccardo