[gedit-list] Code comment plug-in for gedit doesn't work

I have installed and enabled  Code comment 2.28.0 plug-in for gedit but it doesn't work at all.
I use gedit 2.28.4 at Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation, Release 6.4 (Santiago)
Kernel Linux 2.6.32-358.11.1.el6.x86_64
Gnome 2.28.2

The fields "Comment code" and "Uncomment code" are included in the Edit menu but are not active. When I select some code in the editor the fields  "Comment code" and "Uncomment code" still are grey (not active) .

I have similar problem for Indent lines plug-in.

Can you recommend me how to fix this.

Thank you in advance.Best regards.

Lubomir Valkov Dipl.Eng.
ENGINEERING