Re: [gedit-list] gedit octave terminal

Hi,

2012/10/11 Cosar Emre <emreilke cosar aalto fi>
Hi,
I want to use gedit as an octave interface on a mac. As far as I understand gedit has an embedded terminal. However I couldn't make it work. Following is written on the space allocated for a  terminal :
Running tool: Open terminal here

The terminal plugin is unfortunately not supported on the Mac version of gedit because the component we use for the terminal is only available for linux. That said, the plugin does not do any real integration with the text editor, so it wouldn't help you a lot (it's really the same as just having your octave terminal window just below the gedit window).

tab 1 of window id 1038

Done.

If I use Tools->External tools->Open terminal here
it opens a new terminal but it is not embedded in the gedit interface.
Can you help me?