Re: [gedit-list] GSOC-2011 Project Idea

On 20 March 2011 22:19, Stephen Moore <delfick755 gmail com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Abhinav Upadhyay
> <er abhinav upadhyay gmail com> wrote:
>> Anyways, what are your feedback about the first idea ?
>
> Try a combination of version control and a program called meld :)
> http://meld.sourceforge.net/
>
> Assuming your project is already under version control, when you make
> changes to the project and run meld on the root of the project, it
> will see that you're using version control and show you all the
> changes since your last commit. (with a fantastic interface and the
> ability to edit)
>
> Very helpful indeed :)
>
> Regards,
> Stephen

I have used a text editor named "edile" which is solely a combination
of Python and gtksourceview (which I believe also powers gedit) and it
has a feature where lines which are changed (but not saved) appear in
a different colour. The project is hosted by Google Code here -
http://code.google.com/p/edile/.
Since it used only the two "components", I'm assuming that the
functionality is already available, perhaps in gtksourceview (?), and
needed to be switched on or off.

This might be something worth looking into.

--
Russell Dickenson