[gedit-list] Massive Search Missing In Gedit

Hey
I would like to introduce a feature in the existing gedit. Suppose I
want to search a function named "abc" within the large amount of
files in the folder , I need to open a terminal and use the grep
command for that and then it will show me all the files containing
that function. There is no such option in gedit but is available in
other editors like editplus and all. So I want to include this feature
in the gedit . I myself is a python developer and would like to work
on it. So what you all think of this feature. I observed that this
feature is required in the frameworks using giant MVC structures and
all (Personal Experience). Waiting for your reply.

Regards
Ankur Aggarwal