Re: [gedit-list] External Tools to replace "Current Line"

On 03/10/2010 10:23 PM, Doug McNutt wrote:
> If the current line is a command to a shell one probably wants to use it over and over. Replacing it could be a disaster.

My use case is using a tool like ZenCoding
(http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ZenCoding) or sparkup
(http://github.com/rstacruz/sparkup). I would like to write a line of
CSS, press a key and have this line of CSS transformed to HTML.

In the current implementation of the External Tools, I have to select
the CSS and get it replaced. Replacing the current line would be more
usable, though.

So my question was: Where the output option "Replace current line"
omitted with a reason or if this is not the case, could we get this option?

..Marcus