Re: [gedit-list] Gedit dictionary keeps getting overwitten (set to blank) - Ubuntu 9.10

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 12:14 -0800, Victoria_Stuart wrote:
> Date: Thursday November 12, 2009
>
> Subject: Gedit dictionary keeps getting over-written (set to blank) - Ubuntu
> 9.10

This is not a gedit issue.

Enchant was fixed a while ago. Ubuntu patched its version and released
it two days ago. The fix is in libenchant1c2a version 1.5.0-0ubuntu3.
Update your system to get the fixed package.

> Hello: I posted this two days ago to the Ubuntu Forums, but I have had no
> replies; I am re-posting here, with some additional information:

> After upgrading from Ubuntu 9.04 > 9.10 a few days ago, my Gedit dictionary
> (1000's of saved spellings) is missing.

BTW. I found a copy of my old personal .aspell dictionary. I moved it
to .config/enchant.en.dic to get most of my spellings back,

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.