Re: [gedit-list] Completion survey

El Thu, 06 Nov 2008 13:34:48 +0100
Mats Taraldsvik <mats taraldsvik bickeringleague net> escribió:

> On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 10:14 +0100, Perriman wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm developing GtkSourceCompletion (Gsc)
> > (http://gtksourcecomple.sourceforge.net/) and I want to do a survey.
> >

> Is your primary source of documentation on sf, or live.gnome.org?

You can get information from sf and live.gnome.org.

> > Currently I have created GtkSnippets library and I have integrated
> > this library with Gsc. I have developed a provider that complete
> > words written in a GtkTextView, in the Snippets database and words
> > in a file. Another providers like Gedit documents, shows the open
> > documents and, when select, set the focus on the selected document
> > or open the document selected in the Recent Documents page...
> >
> > I need some feedback about the future or roadmap of Gsc. What do you
> > need about Gsc?
> >

> How is the corrent support for programming, and what is planned?
>
> When I program in Python, for example, it would be really helpful if
> the docstrings are parsed as well.

Currently only supports words completion. It supports neither python
nor C etc. We can create special providers for these languages. By
example:

GscProviderCSource: Complete C symbols, variable names etc.
GscProviderPythonSource: Complete python symbols, object methods and
fields etc.

Currently I'm trying to generate abstract providers that can work for
all files (text, source code, .po etc.)