Re: [gedit-list] Roadmap for gEdit 2.25/2.26

Op maandag 08-12-2008 om 16:51 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Brett
Alton:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com> wrote:
> > Il giorno lun, 08/12/2008 alle 16.05 -0500, Brett Alton ha scritto:
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> I'm looking for a roadmap or planned features for gEdit 2.25/2.26.
> >>
> >> I can't think of much to add to this great editor, I'm just curious to
> >> see its development.
> >>
> >> I think I've bugged the developers before about this during the
> >> 2.23/2.24 release cycle, but they said they didn't have much time to
> >> work on gEdit at the time, so there wasn't a roadmap to see.
> >>
> >> Any info, including work on Gio/GVFS, libgtksourceview, etc. would be
> >> much appreciated.
> >>

> > Hi Brett!
> >
> > A sort of roadmap is present at http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/RoadMap it's
> > not updated to day but more or less it lists the things we are mostly
> > interested in seeing implemented.
> > Lack of time is still an issue, so we are not planning very far ahead:
> > when someone of the developers implements one of the features it goes
> > in, otherwise it'll have to wait :-)
> >
> > Things that are more likely to happen in this cycle are:
> >  - rework of the plugin internals (already done in fact)
> >  - bus system / dbus integration
> >  - work on the completion framework
> >

> > Ciao
> >
> >        Paolo
> >

> >> Thanks!
> >>

> Perfect, thanks. I don't know I missed that link to the RoadMap, sorry!
>
> And what about fullscreen? I noticed on your plugins page[1] that you
> were looking at implementing the ability to hit F11 (like Firefox) and
> have the text editing pane take over the screen. I'm quite interested
> in seeing that! Would that be an easy enhancement?
>
> Also, I noticed you're looking at "Redesign[ing] the preference dialog
> (gtksourceview color themes)"[2], does this mean people will be able
> to create their own theme on the fly and then have it saved as
> theme-X? Because that would be phenomenal.
>
> I really wish I was a C programmer, because I would like to help out
> with these things.
>
> As a web developer though, I would like to help you with the
> web-install plugin architecture where you can install gEdit plugins
> from your website. Maybe we can look at this during the 2.27/2.28
> release cycle since you're modularizing the plugin code for this
> cycle?

I have been working on this and I'm hoping to get (at least in part)
some stuff in 2.26. The current idea is to built support for this in the
gedit core and I have been preparing some stuff to implement this. At
the moment I'm focussing on the website part, but any help is highly
appreciated.

Jesse

--
Jesse van den Kieboom