Re: [gedit-list] Pyhon shell plugin and imported libraries methods inspection through TAB

Il giorno dom, 03/06/2007 alle 15.58 +0200, Paolo Borelli ha scritto:
> I guess the python console you are using is iPython (which is indeed
> very cool), the native python console doesn't have tab completion.
> It would be cool to have that in the python console plugin, but it's not
> a small task.

In a terminal you can have autocompletion in Python using rlcompleter:
import rlcompleter
import readline
readline.parse_and_bind('tab: complete')

I don't know how it could work inside a window.

You can also load and save the history using
readline.read_history_file() and readline.write_history_file().

--
Marco Barisione
http://www.barisione.org/